One of the most leading causes of accidents is from drowning. Children at the age of one year to four years have the highest percentage of these death rates. This can be alarming to parents who let their children engaged in water activities. If you are planning to participate in any water sports activities or a dip in the pool, you should keep in mind that your children are wearing a life jacket.
Life jackets are also helpful for the bigger kids who know swimming because sometimes it becomes hard to swim when you’re tired. As for infants, this becomes more comfortable in the future by being more in water. As per state law, if you’re going boating, children under the age of thirteen have to wear an infant life jacket on a moving boat. You can check the different laws by the states.
Top 5 Best Life Jacket for Babies
When parents head over to market or e-commerce platforms, they find a huge variety, which might be confusing. To end this trouble, we are here to help you with our list of genuine life jacket for babies. Here are some of the highest-rated products based on the reviews, premium built quality, affordable price, and attractive design for your babies. Apart from these factors, we are also paying attention to safety and standard including their warranties so that you get a quality deal for sure-
#1. Stearns Infant Puddle Jumper Hydroprene Life Jacket
One of the affordable products of choice which can easily fulfil your need is Stearns Infant Puddle Jumper Hydroprene Fish Print Life Jacket. It is not only an affordable deal, but you are also going to get some key features and additional perks for a lower price point. It is made up of a genuine quality material that is going to last longer, and it can easily prevent your four-year-old baby from drowning. Leg strap and the grab handle are going to add some extra safety features to make your baby feel stable in water.
- Available in two different colours, pink and green.
- Baby under the weight of thirty pounds can easily fit inside this jacket.
- Makes your baby feel stable with the help to leg strap and grab handle.
- Premium built quality and soft in-hand feel due to Hydroprene material.
- Durability is a basic concern due to lower price
#2. Stearns Infant’s Heads-Up Life Jacket
With the impressive design and reasonable pricing, our second product of choice is going to offer you a great deal. Stearns infants vest comes with an adjustable belt, and zipper front closure, which helps the parents to adjust the belt according to the size, and the zipper front closure helps the baby to stay more comfortable and safer in the vest. As the design of this product attracts the babies to feel good and comfortable in this. The durable cross tech flotation form adds more comfort for the infants to stay in the vest for a long time and enjoy more.
- Impressive design to make the baby love using this heads-up vest.
- Crosstech flotation form is one of the durable forms for last long comfort.
- Zipper front closure helps the baby to stay safe and comfortable.
- Available in a single colour so that there will be fewer choices to make.
- Sometimes the zipper closure can make kids uncomfortable.
#3. Salus Bijoux Baby Life Jacket
This product is known for the best safety features as to the Canadian safe boarding award. There are many features in this product that can easily attract the parents who want their baby safer and comfortable. The three-piece collar helps to cradle the head in between for more safety. Webbing harness and adjustable mesh make it adjustable and safe for nine to twenty-five-pound babies. As the price of this product may look higher than others, but the security and comfort this will product will provide is way higher than others.
- Winner of the CASB for features and the safety provided
- Temperature control makes it more comfortable for babies
- Comes with Dry-Lex aerospace liner which makes it easy breathable
- Not for the babies under nine pounds
- The price of the product is typically high.
#4. Stohlquist Toddler Coast Guard Approved Life Jacket
For the great colour choice, Stohlquist Toddler Life Jacket Coast Guard Approved Life Vest seems like the best choice. It has a durable design, mid-range price, and genuine built quality to last longer than other products. It is U.S. Coast Guard Approved so you can rely on the same without any problem. The crotch strap is easy to adjust, which helps your baby feel comfortable in the same. Vest with no straps is not reliable because the infant might slip through the vest as if it is lost. So, you must consider this factor.
- It is U.S. Coast Guard Approved infant life jacket which ensures the best use.
- Easy to float using this life jacket as it can easily carry 8 pounds to 30 pounds without any issue.
- Face up design, which means a baby will always face up if you leave him in the pool or sea.
- Sometimes, it doesn’t flip baby to the upper side, which might be a troublesome thing.
#5. O’Neill Wake Waterski Infant USCG Life Jacket
Due to the beautiful design and great features in O’Neill Wake Waterski Infant USCG Vest, you can find it a very reliable product of choice which can easily fulfil the need with ease. There are plenty of colour choices available in the same, and it has various safety features. Considering the built quality and number of positive reviews, you can easily grab this deal over the selection of other ones.
- Available in six different colours, each one has a dual-tone pattern to attract you.
- Babies or infants below the weight of 30 pounds can easily rely on the same.
- Quick-release buckles and there are dual buckles that are safe to use for sure.
- Adjustable safety belt ensures that your baby feels comfortable without any issue.
- Seems a bit expensive, which might be a problem for few.
Buying Guide To Choose Best Life Jacket For Your Infant Baby
During the purchase of a quality safety vest for your baby, you have to be selective and take care of various factors in order to grab the best deal. Most of the time, parents are not sure about the products they find online. Due to this, we made a list of the top three factors that you should check before finalizing a product. Considering these factors will help you take decision with ease –
- Approved Life Jacket – If your infant child is below 30 pounds, then buying U.S. Coast Guard-Approved jacket is a genuine choice, and it is a reliable option also.
- Type II Rating – All jackets have three types of rating, and getting a type II rating will be a better choice. Type II is made for babies and infants; that’s why you can rely on them.
- Grab Loop – With the help of the grab loop, parents can easily control movements of the baby in the pool, sea, and such other places. A grab loop is essential, and you must consider it.
- Built Quality – Always buy a durable infant life jacket because they are going to feel safe in various manners. If the life jacket is of poor quality, then it might not last in the sea or pool.
- Reviews – Consider reviews because these are going to let you know about various factors of a product. If the reviews are negative, then you can take precautions and avoid that deal over the first place.
After going through these factors, grabbing the best product will be an easier thing. Keep in mind that built quality is an important factor, so you should not avoid it in any condition.
It is sure that a life jacket is helpful to prevent your baby from drowning. You can teach how to swim with ease and take them on boating without worrying about a single thing. Make sure that you go after reputed brands to get a quality deal, and if you are still unable to finalize, then you can go with any of the products from our list. Hope, this article will help you save money and get the best baby life jacket for sure.